It was all going well... I had the SMS gateway installed and running on my laptop and it could send and retrieve SMS's. So the next step was to transfer the .war file to the remote server, install all the other components and test. Easier said than done...

Firstly, I tried deploying straight to Tomcat, but that left me with the problem of not being able to see certain error messages. I know, I should be logging error messages properly but hey, this is still a test. So I then started up Eclipse and tried to run it there only to find out that I was having problems writing to the COM ports. With all the messing about I think I may have screwed up the firmware on my phone. Whenever I plug in my phone via the USB cable now, it just gives a "Unrecognised usb device" message. This suddenly happened on both my computers. I tried to use my other Samsung instead, but couldn't get it to show up as a COM port in the device manager. So it's off to my service provider to see what they can do. The joys of being a programmer...

|

0 comments


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

    Subscribe